The word data means data and the word base means collection. A database is a collection of data. A database is a collection of interrelated data tables or files. In this age of information and communication technology, every organization stores all its data in the database of that organization.
A database can contain multiple tables, forms, reports, queries, macros, etc. The data in the database can be easily used for various purposes. Data can be modified/updated if required. Here the data can be used efficiently. Although there are many benefits of storing data in databases, database management requires trained skilled human resources.র্
12 Advantages of using database
- Ensures maximum use of space by preventing repetition of the same information
- Eliminates data asymmetry. Data stored separately may contain outages or data inconsistencies.
- Multiple users can work with the same data at the same time.
- Ensures data security.
- Ensuring that information is not deleted after updating before saving
- Creating information independence so that information is not dependent on information management programs and information from one database can be used in other databases and programs.
- Finding information in the shortest possible time
- Create all databases easily and in less time
- Data presentation is easy and fast
- Stored data can be easily updated at any time
- Data can be arranged and arranged in different orders in less time
- Data can be handled very efficiently when needed