Last updated on August 28th, 2020 at 03:43 pm
Expanded Structure of Von Neumann Architecture
The expanded structure of the Von Neumann Architecture or the IAS computer is given below,
Legends of the above given figure are given below,
- MBR (Memory Buffer Register): MBR is a two-way register that holds the data fetched from memory and ready for the CPU to process or the data waiting to be stored in memory.
- MAR (Memory Address Register): MAR specifies the address in memory of the word to be written from or read into the MBR.
- IR (Instruction Register): IR contains the 8-bit op-code instruction being executed.
- IBR (Instruction Buffer Register): IBR is employed to hold temporarily the right-hand instructions from a word in memory.
- PC (Program Counter): PC is an counter that contains the address of the next instruction-pair to be fetched from memory to be executed.
- AC and MQ (Accumulator and Multiplier Quotient): AC and MQ are employed to hold temporarily operands and results of ALU operations.
Thanks a lot. Its helpful.
Welcome.I will be happy if any of these posts come to your help.
thank u. its clear for me now
Glad to know…
Thank you for sorted it out.
Well, thank you.
Comments are closed.