Last updated on August 28th, 2020 at 03:43 pm
Von Neumann Architecture:
- Stored program concept.
- Data and instructions are stored in a single read-write memory.
- Arithmetic and Logic Unit (ALU) is capable of operating on binary data.
- The contents of this memory are addressable by location without regarding to the type of data contained there.
- Control unit, which interprets and executes the instructions in memory.
- Execution occurs in a sequential fashion from one instruction to the next, unless explicitly modified.
- Input/Output equipment are operated by the control unit.