Last updated on August 28th, 2020 at 03:22 pm
Yesterday when I logged in to google adsense I saw a notice in red color as follows,
Earnings at risk – You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.
It doesn’t matter how much or little I earn from my blogs but what matter is that I do earn despite of the amount I earn. So this notice really took out of my world.
What this notice want you to do is that it want you to create and upload a file called ads.txt in the root of your domain. So if your domain is, www.example.com then your ads.txt file should be found at www.example.com/ads.txt
If you website is at a subdomain such as mysite.parent-site.com then your ads.txt file should be found at mysite.parent-site.com/ads.txt
Now what to put in the ads.txt file?
Well for this moment, in case of adsense, you don’t have to worry. There is a option called FIX NOW in the notice itself. Click on FIX NOW
In the next page you see a list of domains where you need to put the ads.txt followed by a DOWNLOAD button. Click on that DOWNLOAD button to get the ads.txt
Uploading ads.txt in Root of Blogger Blog
So now you have the ads.txt
- Login to your blogger dashboard
- Move to the blog for which you want to upload ads.txt
- In the left menu, go to the Settings
- Click on Search Preferences under Settings
- Scroll down to bottom, there is a section called Monetization
- Under Monetization, find Custom ads.txt. This option is not enabled in initially, so check YES beside Enable Customer ads.txt Content?
- You will see a input area will become visible. You have to copy the content of your previously downloaded adx.txt file and paste those here in this input box.
- After that, just click on Save Changes and you are done
Just sit back and relax, google-blogger-adsense will take care of the rest.