Google adsense is awesome in case of filling your ad spaces or responding to your ad requests. To do this google adsense has a very big inventory ready all the time. But google display ads from third-part ad networks too.
And not of all of these ad networks are high paying ad networks. Some of those ad networks pay as low as $0.05 per thousand impression or much lower. So you should check if you are displaying most of your ads from these kind of low paying ad networks or not. If it is then you should look forward to blocking them.
In our last tutorial we knew that we can find and block less profitable and inappropriate ad categories and specific ads for our blog, so now lets see how to find and block low-paying ad networks in google adsense.
Finding Low-Paying Ad Networks:
- First of all login to your google adsense dashboard.
- In the top navigation menu click on Performance Reports.
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Advanced Reports > Ad Networks
- Select long date range for the report, at least 3 months long.
- The report table is initially sorted by the last column Estimated Earnings
Blocking Low-Paying Ad Networks:
- Open google adsense dashboard in another tab.
- Go to Allow & Block Ads from the top navigation menu.
- Open the tab Ad Networks
Few things to consider before blocking an ad network:
- We should block an ad network if we are getting very high impressions from it with very low earnings.
- We should block an ad network which is low both at number of clicks and impression RPM
- We should not block an ad network with very high impression RPM even if we are not earning much from it. This is because, we should find & block those ad networks which are providing us most of our ads (impression) with a very low impression RPM. If we block them, then these high paying ad networks will start taking their place.