Last updated on June 13th, 2020 at 08:39 pm
Types of Linking or Construction of Link Anchors
Link anchors are the glue that holds the web together. Link can be made to documents in the same folder, in different folder and on the web. They are described below.
(i) Linking to Documents In The Same Folder:
The basic link connects one document to another file in the same folder. The given figure shows two HTML documents in the same folder.
(ii) Linking to Document In a Different Folder:
- A folder name, which specifies the folder on the server.
- A file name and extension, which specifies the exact file to display.
(iii) Linking to Documents On The Web
When linking one document to another on the web, the document might reside on different servers. The given figure shows an originating document with a link to a document on the web.
- The protocol indicator, which specifies how the server and browser communicate.
- The hostname, which tells the browser the name of the server that holds the information.
- The folder name, if necessary, which specifies the folder on the server.
- The file name, if necessary, which specifies the exact file to display.