Last updated on June 13th, 2020 at 08:30 pm
Applications of DBMS: DBMS is getting used in many places. Everything from file cabinets to dictionaries is disappearing from today’s working place, because it is easy to make use of the data using a DBMS. The uses or applications of DBMS include the following,
- In Banking: For customer information, accounts, loans and banking transactions. This is why today people can access and modify his account from anywhere of the world.
- In Airlines: Airlines were among the first to use databases in a geographically distributed manner. It is used for reservations and schedule information etc.
- In Universities: For student information, course registration and grades.
- In Credit Card Transactions: For purchases on credit cards and generation of monthly statement.
- Telecommunication: For keeping records of calls made, generating monthly bills, maintaining balances on prepaid calling cards and storing information about the communication networks.
- On-line Retailers: For online order tracking, generation of recommendations and maintenance of on-line product evaluations.
- Sales: For customer, product and purchase information.
- Finance: For storing information like holdings, sales and also for enabling on-line trade system etc.
- Human Resources: For storing information about employees, salaries, payroll taxes etc.
- Manufacturing: For management of supply chain and tracking production, inventories of items in warehouse and stores and orders of items.