Last updated on June 13th, 2020 at 08:28 pm
Role or Functions of Motherboard:
- Component’s Hub: The motherboard acts as the central backbone of a computer on which other modular parts are installed such as the CPU, RAM and hard disks.
- Slots for External Peripherals: The motherboard also acts as the platform on which various expansion slots are available to install other devices / interfaces.
- Power Distribution: The motherboard is also responsible to distribute power to the various components of the computer.
- Data Flow: The motherboard works as a communication hub for all the connected peripherals. All peripherals communicate or send/receive data through motherboard and the motherboard manages the data traffic.
- BIOS: Motherboard holds a Read Only Memory, BIOS which is required to boot up the computer. Thus motherboard plays a role in starting the computer.